Connect. Improve. Achieve.

Getting Started with YES

Getting Started
Before you apply to receive respite care vouchers through the Idaho Respite Care Program, there are a couple items you will need for us to authorize your child:

  1. Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment (CDA) with Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS)- The CDA with CANs is scheduled with Liberty Healthcare at 1-877-456-1233.  These documents help us verify that your child has been identified as having a serious emotional disorder (SED).
  2. Person Centered Plan (PCP)-The PCP is completed with your child’s behavioral healthcare provider.  We use this to verify that respite care has been identified as a necessary service for your child.


The “Getting Started with YES” quick reference below details the process of getting the approved documents needed to apply for respite care:

YES Quick Reference